Monday, March 7, 2011

Some Thoughts about Money

Dear curious Mind subscriber,

I know many of us have a rather bad perspective about acquiring wealth, richness, making lots of money.  I know because I used to have silly ideas myself... I used to belief that money is the source of all evil, that money make people greedy, that working hard for money take us away from what is essential for life - family, relationships, spirituality, etc, etc...  Little did I know that these limiting beliefs have actually pushed me away from receiving the blessing I deserve to hold.

Now I am free from these limiting beliefs.  After much soul searching, reading, studying and listening to great (some of them really popular and the best in the field) life mentors, I learned that money is not at all negative.  If we know and it is clear within us the reasons why we need to make money - it will all make sense.  To quote one of my mentors - Bo Sanchez 'Money, by itself, doesn’t make you gracious or greedy, honest or dishonest, loyal or disloyal. Nor does it make you happy or unhappy.  Money reveals your character—or the lack thereof. How a person manages his money (no matter whether big or small) will reveal whether he’s gracious or greedy, honest or dishonest, loyal or disloyal.'

Dear friends, I challenge you to think about your real reasons about needing to make money? And while you're at that let me share with you an article I receive from my Truly Rich Club.

Let me quote again our key passage: If, then, you have not been faithful in handling worldly wealth, how can you be trusted with true wealth? (Luke 16:11)
Actually, that verse is scary. But think about it. How a person manages his money (no matter whether big or small) will reveal whether he’s gracious or greedy, honest or dishonest, loyal or disloyal. Money doesn’t bring anything new to the table. Money, by itself, doesn’t make you gracious or greedy, honest or dishonest, loyal or disloyal. Nor does it make you happy or unhappy. Money reveals your character—or the lack thereof. That’s probably why Jesus spoke about money more than any other topic. Out of 57 parables, more than half were about money. (Some of my critics accuse me of talking about money too much. I’m in good company.) Today, I’m challenging you to earn more, but not for the money. (Tony Hilado mentors his students to earn P1 Million in 90 days, and once they earn it, he tells them to give it all away.) It’s about the person that you become because of the journey in earning the money.

Let me dig deeper and give you two more key Bible passages:
1. Grow Your Character,Grow Your (Spiritual) Connection
(Colossians 3:23) And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.

Your job may be a secular job, but it’s still a spiritual activity if you offer your work to God. So if you do your profession (or service or product) with excellence for the Lord, you’ll connect with Him more.

2. Grow Your Character, Grow Your Kids
(Proverbs 13:22) A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, but the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.

A good man doesn’t only just give a financial inheritance to his kids. A good man also gives them a spiritual inheritance. He shapes their character and trains their capacities for earning money. In that way, the children will be able to preserve and even multiply the financial inheritance he gives them.

But a sinner who gives only a financial inheritance (and nothing else) to his children will be sealing their own destruction. The money will magnify their low character and low capacities. And they will lose all their money. And their money will transfer to those who have the capacity and character to handle it.



PS1:Did you find this article useful? Please share with your friends, they may like it too.

PS2: Knowledge is Power. Subscribe to receive regular posts about our favorite topics.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...