Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring to Succes!

Dear curious Mind subscriber,

Today I quote a reflection from Didache.  The day I received this message was exactly the day when I felt the season is literally changing from Winter to Spring.  Is that a coincidence?  I don't think so... for me it is God saying something as He always does when there is a BIG question on top of my head.

Any way, to go on.... I love winter - having been born and raised in a tropical country, the experience of winter is magical.  The low temperatures, cold wind, clothes I get to wear - all super for me.  But my favorite season is Spring - just the right temperature, nice and sunny at the same time cool and windy.  The bright colors of the flowers and trees give you that warm, relaxed feeling.  I also see spring as a signal to new life - a new beginning.  A time when I am at my best.  A time when we pull ourselves together to prepare for the seasons to come. 

This is my idea of Spring and I guess God is telling me to make every season of my life to be Spring.  So how about you?

Please continue reading to get inspired.... 

TODAY'S READINGS: / DIDACHE

PLANT IN THE SPRING

Give to the Most High as he has given to you, generously, according to your means. – Sirach 35:9

When I watched the replay of Manny Pacquiao’s victory over Ricky Hatton, I recalled the great quote by Jim Rohn. He said, “You must be good in either two things: planting in the spring or begging in the fall.”
From Monday to Saturday, Manny starts training from 5:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Manny is a winner because “he plants during spring.”  I am not Manny, but the stage is my ring. When it comes to my talks for The Feast, I “overtrain.” I read a ton of books just to give one single talk. For many days, I’d labor over it, crafting my message, selecting the right stories, choosing and re-choosing the right adjectives and adverbs, rehearsing my entire talk over and over again — until I can give my talk in my sleep.
Why do I “overtrain” in my talk preparation?
Because I love my audience.
Because they deserve the best.
Because I can’t give nothing than my best to God, the One who anointed me with the gift to preach.Bo Sanchez (bosanchez@kerygmafamily.com)

REFLECTION:
What’s your boxing ring? How can you overtrain to win for God?

Dearest Father, may I be like Your Son, Jesus, who gave nothing but the best for You in His life.

PS1:Did you find this article useful? Please share with your friends, they may like it too.

PS2: Knowledge is Power. Subscribe to receive regular posts about our favorite topics.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...