Dear curiousMind subscriber,
Are you a parent? Maybe not yet now but will be later....
I would like to share this statistics I read from David Perdew about “fatherless kids”. The statistics say, children from a fatherless home are:
· Five times more likely to commit suicide
· Thirty-two times more likely to run away
· Twenty times more likely to have behavioral disorders
· Fourteen times more likely to commit rape (this applies to boys)
· Nine times more likely to drop out of high school
· Ten times more likely to abuse chemical substances
· Nine times more likely to end up in a charitable institution
· Twenty times more likely to end up in prison for a long period of time
Scary isn't it? Fathers—and mothers—your kids need you.
Dads, think about this...how much time do you spend with your kids? Do you speak with them? Do you know about their dreams? How do they spend their day? Who are their friends? The questions are endless. My point here is that more than the material wealth you provide your children, you need to be a father to your little ones. Being there is not enough, they need to feel your presence. To be assured that they have a father in the real sense.
David Perdew says we either pay now or pay later. And when you pay later, it always costs more... so why not pay now.PS: Is your family under attack, find help here...
PS1:Did you find this article useful? Please share with your friends, they may like it too.
PS2: Knowledge is Power. Subscribe to receive regular posts about our favorite topics.