Friday, July 1, 2011

HURT? Choose to Pray

As humans we can’t avoid to get hurt.

Hurt is a feeling difficult to run away from. We are hurt when we get insulted, when our values get violated, when people lie to us. Often times, to overcome hurt we choose to ignore and bury it deep within us hoping that time will make the hurt go away. Unfortunately it doesn’t. It just hides itself and when you’re faced with the same circumstances again this hurt multiplies until it becomes huge enough to eat you whole.

Keeping hurt stops you from concentrating on the more important things in life – YOUR GOALS.

It takes a lot of strength not to hurt back someone who has offended you. Until you get even, all your plans are directed to payback. So what do you do?

Don’t play their game. Acknowledge your hurt and lift up the situation to God.


Think about this… Changing oneself takes a lot of effort, what more changing other people. We have no control over how others prefer to act or think but we can choose how we should.

Turn the hurt into a blessing. Pray for those who hurt you. Let go of things you can’t change. Believe in your values. Magnify your strength. Focus on your goals.


Remember that God loves you and this love is BIG. God has a beautiful purpose for your life. Focus on your uniqueness and direct yourself towards the fulfillment of your life’s goals to make a difference in this world.

Find comfort in God the Father who hears even before we speak.

Psalm 23
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


PS1:Did you find this article useful? Please share with your friends, they may like it too.
PS2: Knowledge is Power. Subscribe to receive regular posts about our favorite topics.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...